Yazd is well known for its large community of Zoroastrians in Iran and some of its most famous landmarks belong to this ancient Persian religion.
But if you’re curious to go beyond its fire temples and seek an in-depth cultural experience, spending a day around food with our Zoroastrians hosts is the way it to do it.
On this tour, you’ll be taken to the village of Taft, well known for its Zoroastrian community and fruit gardens. You’ll start the day with a short walk through Taft, making stops at the local bakery and grocery to shop for some ingredients. You’ll then head to a private garden where we’ll pick fruits and prepare a delectable traditional breakfast.
Once our stomachs are full, we’re ready to start cooking a whole Zoroastrian feast while being educated on the faith, its cultural traditions, and rituals – all happening in a beautiful garden.
- Cost: €80 per person (prices are reduced once the group is bigger than 5)
- Intimate groups of 2-10
- Tours start at 9.00 am and finish at 4 pm
- Transportation to and back from Taft (30 min drive)
- All ingredients
- Additional side dishes and Persian brewed tea
- Written recipes of dishes made in class
- Please make sure you book at least 2 weeks prior to the date.
- We can arrange for a minimum of 2 people and maximum of 10.
- If you’re alone, let us know and we’ll try our best to set you up with another group. However, if we’re unable, we might be unfortunate to cancel your tour.
- Tour fee is to be paid in advance. Once your date is confirmed, an invoice will be sent to you so that you can proceed with the payment.
- You will receive a full refund if cancellation is requested within 7 days before your tour.
- You will receive a 50% refund if cancellation is requested within 48 hours before your tour.
- Whether your a vegetarian or have any sort of food restrictions or allergies, please make sure you let us know in advance so we can adjust things to your needs.
- All tours and classes are conducted in English. However, if you’re a large group, we can arrange for a translator upon an extra fee in any language required.